By Koenraad Elst
Read or Download Decolonizing The Hindu Mind: 1 PDF
Best hinduism books
Appears at Western understandings of South Asian religions and indigenous responses from pre-colonial to modern instances. targeting barriers, appropriations, and resistances interested by Western engagements with South Asian religions, this edited quantity considers either the pre- and postcolonial interval in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
Makes use of either textual and ethnographic assets to illustrate that during Śaṅkara’s vedānta, brahman is an lively strength in addition to a transcendent final. Śaṅkara’s notion, advaita vedānta or non-dual vedānta, is a convention taken with brahman, the final word truth transcending all specific manifestations, phrases, and ideas.
The Rigveda is the oldest Sanskrit textual content, which include over 1000 hymns devoted to numerous divinities of the Vedic culture. Orally composed and orally transmitted for numerous millennia, the hymns show notable poetic complexity and non secular sophistication. because the fruits of the lengthy culture of Indo-Iranian oral-formulaic compliment poetry and the 1st monument of in particular Indian religiosity and literature, the Rigveda is important to the knowledge either one of Indo-European and Indo-Iranian cultural prehistory and of later Indian non secular background and excessive literature.
One Self is a compilation of satsangs with Nomefrom could four, 2003 to January 29, 2012. the entire satsangs start with silence, which finds the genuine nature of the single Self—our real nature. so much satsangs then have a discourse at the nature of the only Self and guide on tips to perform Sri Ramana’s Self-Inquiry.
- The Powerful Ephemeral: Everyday Healing in an Ambiguously Islamic Place (South Asia Across the Disciplines)
- Renowned Goddess of Desire: Women, Sex, and Speech in Tantra
- Ivan Sergeevich Gagarin: The Search for Orthodox and Catholic Union
- The Alchemical Body: Siddha Traditions in Medieval India
- Bhagavad Gita: Annotated & Explained (SkyLight Illuminations)
- Être rien, c'est être tout : La quintessence de son enseignement (Yoga intérieur) (French Edition)
Extra resources for Decolonizing The Hindu Mind: 1