By Gary Greenberg,Maury M. Haraway
Read or Download Comparative Psychology: A Handbook (Garland Reference Library of Social Science) PDF
Similar behavioural sciences books
Learn at the psychological skills of chimpanzees and bonobos has been greatly celebrated and utilized in reconstructions of human evolution. by contrast, much less realization has been paid to the talents of gorillas and orangutans. This 1999 quantity goals to assist entire the image of hominoid cognition via bringing jointly the paintings on gorillas and orangutans and surroundings it in comparative viewpoint.
The results of the 1993 Connectionist types summer season tuition, the papers during this quantity exemplify the large breadth and intensity of analysis underway within the box of neural networks. even though the slant of the summer season tuition has regularly leaned towards cognitive technological know-how and synthetic intelligence, the various clinical backgrounds and study pursuits of authorised scholars and invited school mirror the huge spectrum of components contributing to neural networks, together with synthetic intelligence, cognitive technological know-how, desktop technological know-how, engineering, arithmetic, neuroscience, and physics.
Many song therapists paintings in grownup psychological overall healthiness settings after qualifying. for plenty of, will probably be a difficult or even daunting prospect. but beforehand, there was no psychiatric song remedy textual content supplying suggestion on ailment administration and restoration. This crucial e-book fills the distance within the literature, supplying the required breadth and intensity to notify readers of the psychotherapeutic examine base and exhibit how track treatment can successfully and successfully functionality inside of a scientific situation.
Visible illusions minimize throughout educational divides and well known pursuits: at the one hand, illusions offer leisure as curious methods of the attention; nonetheless, medical study relating to illusory phenomena has given generations of scientists and artists deep insights into the mind and rules of brain and awareness.
- Parallel Models of Associative Memory: Updated Edition (Communication Textbook)
- The Forgetting Machine: Memory, Perception, and the "Jennifer Aniston Neuron"
- Discursive Remembering: Individual and Collective Remembering as a Discursive, Cognitive and Historical Process (Media and Cultural Memory / Medien und kulturelle Erinnerung)
- Philosophy in a New Key: A Study in the Symbolism of Reason, Rite, and Art: Study in the Symbolism of Reason, Rite and Art (Harvard Paperbacks)
- Living and Surviving in Harm's Way: A Psychological Treatment Handbook for Pre- and Post-Deployment of Military Personnel
Additional info for Comparative Psychology: A Handbook (Garland Reference Library of Social Science)