By David A. Baron,Claudia L. Reardon,Steven H. Baron
This textual content covers an important issues in modern activities psychiatry/psychology from a global viewpoint. bankruptcy authors are specialists within the box and international leaders within the similar expert companies, together with present and earlier Presidents/Chairs of the foreign Society for activities Psychiatry and of the area Psychiatric organization part on workout and activities Psychiatry. Authors are quite often psychiatrists: the remaining are PhD game psychologists.
The booklet includes consultant bankruptcy authors from worldwide, to an volume unheard of during this subject. The authors and editors are well-informed in worldwide views, e.g., having served as specialists to varied Olympic groups, as well as provider at the foreign Society for activities Psychiatry's Board of Directors.
Specifically, this booklet covers 4 major different types of topics:
1) psychological well-being demanding situations confronted by way of athletes (including substance use problems, workout dependancy, consuming issues, melancholy, suicide, and concussion),
2) remedy techniques and healing matters with athletes (including kinds of psychotherapy for psychiatric problems, psychotherapeutic functionality enhancement methods, transference and countertransference matters, success via proxy, psychotherapeutic concerns as utilized to some of activities which are performed all over the world, and use of psychiatric drugs in athletes),
3) psychosocial concerns affecting athletes (including sexual harassment and abuse, cultural concerns, and ethics issues), and
4) the sector of activities psychiatry (including paintings inside one universal activities psychiatry perform atmosphere, and present prestige of and demanding situations within the box of activities psychiatry).
There is a growing to be want for this publication. Performance-enhancing medicines, use of psychotropics in impaired athletes, head trauma, sexual abuse, consuming issues, ethics, and melancholy and suicide in athletes, are only a number of the well timed matters addressed during this textual content. this is often the single entire reference on hand for these operating within the box (or in basic terms attracted to it) to refer to for present details on those subject matters. the present activities psychology texts all concentrate on functionality matters, with little, if any, consciousness paid to those parts of scientific importance. The publication addresses the center alterations among activities psychiatry and activities psychology, in addition to the parts of overlap. Emphasis is put on how the disciplines may still interact in diagnosing and treating athletes facing emotional tension and psychopathology.
Chapters contain case examples and particular pursuits indexed firstly, in addition to tables and graphs to spotlight key concepts.
Read Online or Download Clinical Sports Psychiatry: An International Perspective PDF
Similar pathologies books
This influential ebook presents an leading edge framework for knowing and treating intimate companion violence. Integrating various theoretical and empirical views, Donald G. Dutton demonstrates that male abusiveness is greater than only a discovered development of behavior--it is the outgrowth of a selected character configuration.
Examine why it’s time for a brand new period in psychological well-being and prevention scienceHIV: concerns with psychological healthiness and sickness is a complete exam of the co-morbidity that exists among HIV/AIDS and psychological disease. the world over well-known specialists within the box research the newest study on why HIV victims are susceptible to constructing psychological disease and the way those that be afflicted by psychological ailment threat contracting HIV via sexual habit and substance abuse.
Ob zwischenmenschliche Instabilität, severe Stimmungsschwankungen oder selbstverletzendes Verhalten - die Borderline-Persönlichkeitsstörung hat vielfältige und tiefgreifende Auswirkungen auf das Leben Betroffener und deren accomplice, was once in der Fachliteratur umfassend untersucht wird. Die Auswirkungen auf die Entwicklung der Kinder von Borderline-Eltern werden hingegen weit seltener betrachtet.
Après le succès du Burn-out, Pascal Ide s'attaque à un autre sujet qui nous touche tous : les manipulateurs. Il explique qui sont ces « personnalités narcissiques », pour les reconnaître et s'en protéger.
- Mobbing in der Berufswelt. Ursachen, Auswirkungen und Krisenintervention (German Edition)
- Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition (Volume 4): Mental, Neurological, and Substance Use Disorders
- Autism and Childhood Psychosis (Maresfield Library)
- Family Dynamics in Individual Psychotherapy: A Guide to Clinical Strategies
Extra resources for Clinical Sports Psychiatry: An International Perspective